Monday 25 March 2013

Meowy Monday: Cat photo of the week





Here's how I got those pawprints on the outside of an upstairs window. I wanted to take a few photos of the snowfall without getting the camera wet so I hung out through my bedroom window. That's when Uggi insisted he should get up on the window and as I was holding onto the camera, I couldn't stop him (when he digs hims claws into a window frame, he's hard to pull away with one hand). Which then prompted Jinja to get up there too...







I had to tilt the window inwards to make sure they wouldn't slip off. Which turned out to be very effective: when I put put the camera away I could tilt the window so much they had to come back in -- or slip slide back in. I'm really not going to let this become a habit!

This window is actually a good choice when you have window-climbing cats: with the other windows, which a side-hinged, some of the kitties -- like Jinja and now also Uggi -- like to jump up on top of the open window. Not a problem on the ground floor, but I don't like it when they do it upstairs.

4 comments:

  1. Cats always want to assist us. So this is the history behind the pawprints. Couldn't guess...Irina

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. And what assistants they are! At least this time it wasn't about being the centre of attention, as otherwise is the case when I focus on e.g. a snowdrop or whatever else I want to get a few pics of, but rather about finding a new, exciting place to sit and to explore. Meaning I could take my photos undisturbed. (Unless you call having to hold onto the window to prevent it from dumping the kitties on the ground while taking photos distracting.)

      Delete
  2. Closer to flying meat? Looks like one of the cats is interested in beads.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. *lol* Yeah, that's probably one reason for them to get out there. After all, they do know the sparrows like the elder and roof. Somedays, when the window is closed, the sit an watch the sparrows singing in the bush or jumping around on the barn roof -- and there's not a thing they can do. So close, but still so far away!

      Delete

A few words can mean so much. Thank you for taking the time to comment!

PS! Feel free to email me if you don't want to comment publicly -- look under Contact (under the header)

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...