A few weeks into the Take a Stitch Challenge, I got the idea to experiment a bit and stitch with some of my novelty yarn instead of just using embroidery floss. Of all the knitting yarns, I picked up a ball of Red Heart Aurica ribbon yarn. It turned out to be a lot of fun working with it in my needlework.
Here is the first "sampler" of the TAST stitches I've made with the yarn so far. Hopefully it might be of inspiration to others who enjoy needlework and wants to try something a little bit different. As usual you can click on the pics for a larger image.
The sample that started it all. Loved the effect and decided I should try to do every stitch with this yarn.
Detached chain stitch
This week's stitch was detached chain or daisy stitch. I will make a proper TAST post on this stitch next week. Until then you'll have to make due with these experiments, mostly made thinking they could be used as petals for embroidered flowers or perhaps dragonfly wings.
Blanket stitch, Fly stitch & Herringbone stitch
For the herringbone I did both a single and double version of the stitch.
As with the herrinbone, I also tried a double version of this stitch.
With the chevron stitch, I only got this far, trying just one basic version.
This isn't part of the TAST challenge and I don't think it will be either, being such a basic stitch. The long stitches are twisted, one harder than the other -- a silk ribbon embroidery technique I read about at Di van Niekerk's blog.
~*~ You can find all my TAST posts here. ~*~