Thursday 21 March 2013

Snow and snowdrops






It started to snow here again a few days ago. We didn't get that blizzard SMHI warned about, instead we got a couple of windy days with a little snow. And then today the snow increased (though it has just ceased and the the sun is shining through the snowclouds as I write this).

We got a little sun inbetween the clouds this afternoon so I took the opportunity to take a few pics of what the snowdrops look like now.  A bit different from the first photos I took...

 
To give you an idea of what i looks like today, here's a snapshot of the scenery today:


 It was still snowing when I took that.



I should perhaps add -- for those of you who don't know me or haven't followed me for very long -- that one reason I whine about spring is because that's when I get my first "guaranteed" income of the year as I'm a seasonal farm worker and it's first when the temperatures go up and the soil thaws that we can begin setting potatoes. So it's not just a longing for the wonderful beauty that is spring, it's also a purely financial longing for money.

2 comments:

  1. So that's why you love snowdrops! Hopefully you'll get started with the potatoes soon. It's really interesting (!) to read your old posts about what happens before we get the potatoes on our dining table. Those first potatoes are a delicacy with butter and salt. Here in Stockholm we have a beautiful winter day. Nice, but hey! It's spring! Should be... Milka

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. At least it's sunny these days. That's something. And for the last two days I've smelt spring in the air in the evenings. That's a really good sign. My sis said something about it being supposed to turn during Easter. Fingers crossed it'll last this time!

      Delete

A few words can mean so much. Thank you for taking the time to comment!

PS! Feel free to email me if you don't want to comment publicly -- look under Contact (under the header)

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...