Tuesday 12 March 2013

What I got from Noemi





Finally, I've gotten around to taken a few photos of the bead soup I got from Noemi for the party in April. Curious about what I got? Well, let's go through the "loot".




In the first gift bag, I found this gorgeously coloured mix of silk ribbon, leather cord (which gave me a real urge for liquorice -- fortunately, I bought a bag when picking up the package from the local post agent), beads and two ceramic links. Those colours are just so me, don't you think? Mmmm, purple...




It also included these lovely, delicate copper components: a toggle clasp and three links with stamped words. I forgot to include them in the first pic, which would've made it easier to gauge the size of these petite pieces. When showing a close-up like this they risk looking big and chunky while in real life, they're so sweet and dainty. So pretty!




In the other organza bag, I found this mix of bronze-coloured components and beads with the big, heart-embellished lampwork bead as the pièce de résistance (see photo below). Again, you can find some of my favourite colours here: green. Especially the lampwork bead have captured some luscious green tones. Add to that the bronze/brass-coloured findings that I always enjoy.


front
back

So as you can see I got a fab, inspiring bead soup to work with. Now that the music blog hop is over, I'm going to just focus on this soup, hoping to create something worthy of this beautiful gift. I'm really looking forward to playing and creating with these components.


Thank you so much, Noemi, for the lovely bead soup!



2 comments:

  1. I love your soup! Can't wait to see what you create with these goodies. Cheers!
    Lori in Atlanta

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely soup. It'll be interesting to see what kind of jewelry you create from it. As you said, the colours are so totally within your comfort zone, but it's always great fun to make something from materials you didn't choose yourself. Anna

    ReplyDelete

A few words can mean so much. Thank you for taking the time to comment!

PS! Feel free to email me if you don't want to comment publicly -- look under Contact (under the header)

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...