Sunday 19 May 2013

Silent explosions of white





We've had some really warm days and the flowers have loved it. It feels like everyday a new tree or flower has burst into bloom. Today it was the century old pear tree and the wild strawberries. Before that it was the bird-cherry and cherry trees. I've taken so many photos of flowers during april and may, but very few have ended up on the blog, which I feel slightly bad about. I wanted to blog about it, but put it off and let other things get in the way. Then I injured my shoulder (again, yes!) earlier this week, which kept me somewhat from working on the computer. And now it feels too late to show april flowers. It's soon too late to show the may flowers even.

Anyway, here's just a few snapshots of the latest flowers. Think I'll save the ferns and tulips for separate posts.













In april I heard many people complain about the birches probably not turning green in time due to the cold and late spring, but here they are.

And last but not least, a couple of snapshots of the tulips, which are soon going to wilt, but right now many still bask in the sun (ok, well, it's been a day filled with drizzle today and no sun, but they did get a lot of it during the week). I'll try to post some close-ups next week as these sunny flowers are worth a closer look.




No comments:

Post a Comment

A few words can mean so much. Thank you for taking the time to comment!

PS! Feel free to email me if you don't want to comment publicly -- look under Contact (under the header)

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...