Wednesday 10 February 2010

Behind a bead photo II: the bling ring


I wrote about hugs & kisses, the bead technique/pattern, at my other blog and so I had to have a pic to illustrate the post. Only thing I had was a ring I made years ago with my then-new siam 2xAB 6 mm bicones. And at that time I'd used black Illusion cord, one of the few cords I owned back then, to make it. Not stored in the best of ways -- none of my selfmade jewellery is -- the cord had been bent and flattened into an odd shape. Didn't look good for a photo. I didn't even take a pic of it that way as I wasn't planning on writing this post...

So what did I do? Once I used a narrow torch as a ring mandel, photographing a bead ring. This ring was not large enough for that. But large enough to fit over a Gütermann bead tube I borrowed from my sis. First, I put the ring over the tube as in the pic below, but I did not like having the blue seed beads and plastic tube in the background.


But Illusion cord can be stretched and by doing that -- but not so much it damaged the ring -- I could place the ring around the wider lid of tube. A lid about the same height as the ring. Turning the top with the sticker down I got a simple and unobtrusive "ring display" for my shot.

No comments:

Post a Comment

A few words can mean so much. Thank you for taking the time to comment!

PS! Feel free to email me if you don't want to comment publicly -- look under Contact (under the header)

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...