Wednesday 10 February 2010

Sun shine through the snow


This afternoon, snow tumbled slowly through the sky while the sun, low on the horizon, shone. In this late winter I'm working on a necklace for Vintaj's february challenge. Snow outdoors, flowers indoors. A last minute idea resulted in some last minute shopping. Not sure about the result yet, but I wanted to show a detail of the "lover's bouquet" entry.

I wanted to add a bead drop to the filigree, but of cause it had no loop in the middle. My first thought was to suspend the drop between the two vines on the sides, but I realised it was a bit too messy and when for the simple solution: add a jump ring and suspend the drop from it. I had no oval jump rings so instead I used a link from the chain. Not only was it the perfect size, but I do think it blends with the filigree in a way an ordinary ring wouldn't -- and it ties the components together visually (I hope).

It's by no mean an original idea -- I've used it before and I've also seen others do it. Still, a tips for those of you that haven't seen it before.


PS! Now you can find a pic of the whole necklace here.

No comments:

Post a Comment

A few words can mean so much. Thank you for taking the time to comment!

PS! Feel free to email me if you don't want to comment publicly -- look under Contact (under the header)

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...