Thursday 31 December 2009

A cold New Year's Eve, a beautiful day




It looks like it could be a perfect night for watching fireworks: the sky is clear (hence why it's so cold), the ground is covered by snow and it's a full moon. So cold enough to not want to be outside for long after dark, but a beautiful day for photography and a great night for fireworks.




Today I watched the moon rise in the afternoon. What a lovely pale pink with a slight yellow tint it was, coming over the horizon. The moon is just so beautiful and a "moonrise" in the late afternoon is so silent, elegant, etheral, so like a whisper or thin veil compared to the sunrise. At the same time as the moon rose, the sun began to set so although focusing on the moon, I also have a photo or two of the near-sunset.





I had time to photograph some of the plants too. And since the blog is called wildroses and blackberries, I thought I might show you some related photos. First rosehips from our cultivated roses -- those old-time roses with a wonderful scent. Then a blackberry leaf. Last but not least, I had to include a pic of our snowberries.






Wish you all a Happy New Year!

2 comments:

  1. I love this post. The photos make me long for cold winter days! Milka

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Personally I long for beautiful autumn days right now! Partially to get some new photos to share: it seems like every day it's either grey and rainy or too windy. Where did those beautiful and colourful autumn days go?

      Delete

A few words can mean so much. Thank you for taking the time to comment!

PS! Feel free to email me if you don't want to comment publicly -- look under Contact (under the header)

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...